Monday, August 22, 2005

Nokia 6630 Thoughts...

So I have finally moved into the 3G phone world....AND I'M LOVING IT!

This is by far the best non-PDA phone I have ever used. The Mega-Pixel Camera is definitely the BEST camera I have ever seen on any camera phone. I am to the point now where I am thinking of even selling my digi camera just to get money since now I am never using it. I am taking average of 10 photos or more a day with this camera.

The EDGE was a much needed bonus. I am clocking an average of 86-97kbps downloading speed. The OS is moving back for me from UIQ to Symbian Series 60. Upside to the movement is that the processor on this phone is lightning fast compared to any Series 60 phone I have ever used. This bends over my 6620 and shows it who daddy is. :)

Next step is to pick up the Nokia PT-8 video call stand and test out the video conference calls. Small on compact in size to other Mega-Pixel and Series 60 phones I have used, the 6630 will still be compact with the PT-8 attachment.

Only down side to the elite 3G phone is the still low built-in memory and the expandable memory option. Nokia has done their own crappy memory idea again and it is sucking it up. Good thing this comes with 64MB expanded memory from the factory.

Next stop is the 1gig memory card, at a god aweful price, so that I may watch movies on the phone. Not only does it take smooth marvelous videos with the camera, but it also allows for full screen video capabilities through SmartMovie and other Series 60 programs. Download...and you are on your may to mini movie player. It's great that the battery life on the phone is amazing!!! I have 2 fully charged batteries at any one time, and I still have yet to use my second battery in the same day.

Overall decision, the H6315 trade for the 6630 and iPod mini to Olly was a great move. Don't get me wrong I do miss my 6315 and will be picking one up again when I find a newer version of unofficial software. However, I am loving this phone and my music everywhere I go. Olly likes 1 unit to do everything, but since I have a lot of pockets I don't mind multiple toys...plus I am a techno nut and I like showing off my toys to anyone who wants to see them.

All-in-all I am loving this toy and I give it a solid 10 out of 10!


Want your own 6630? Check out this site... www.phoneyworld.com

No comments: