Friday, August 12, 2005

News Priorities

I looked on www.cnn.com today to see what kind of news was out and about in the world.

Mostly I am not a news watcher but I like to check in on it occasionally. To my severe disappointment here are the headlines I found:

SI.com: Tiger Woods off to ugly PGA start
Original Blue Angel pilot dies at age 86
CNN/Money: NYC urges restaurants to cut the fat
NASA takes new aim at Mars

Now I know for the most part, not many people listen to me bout things that I don't have any major control. I can complain bout the weather or traffic and people kinda listen. Now here I know that no one will pay it any great mind, but I absolutely protest our news system.


Have you ever stopped to wonder what big dog is paying another littler dog to put on the news. Right now there are major wars ALL OVER THE WORLD and they post Tiger Woods, and a dead pilot? Where has our priorities gone so astray? I would much rather want to hear something depressing and morbid like mass genocide in Rwanda then this garbage. It is an insult to the human race for us to glorify how Tiger Woods did. I don't give a damn if he got par, birdy, and so 50 over par. We need to get back to what matters most.

When U.S. was in Vietnam there was non-stop coverage of the war, and politics. I am not a political person, but I still am not going to ignore the problems going on in the rest of the world. I still think politics of a foreign country is more important then landing on Mars. The planet will never be able to house life and humans so why would I want to see photos of a place I can never go to instead of WHO helping people in third world countries?

Everyday 100s of 1000s of people die from diseases, and pestilence, and STD's, and genocide over land. Don't you think it may be time for people to pull their heads out of the ground and get their priorities straight.

It is time to stop wasting space on CNN with sports and Mars and start looking towards here and other countries. Every detail needs to be shown to us before we ever look into a planet. How are we gonna domesticate another planet when we can't even stop wars here.

Like I said, no one will ever really listen to me, but I still think that this should be looked at as news and not the crap that is out there.

-Adam a.k.a. Bling

No comments: