Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Learning from life

Slowly and steadily in life we all have to learn from our mistakes and trials. We need to learn from the good as well as from the bad.

I have just begun to learn how to listen to others and improve my current situation and outlook on life. I never really suffered from any form of depression. However, I did have a problem for a number of years with letting things get the best of me and bring me down. This is finally starting to change due to the positive influences around me. For those of you out there you know who you are and I thank you.

Without a doubt most of you can probably figure out the most important and influential person in my life...my beautiful and amazing fiancee. Those of you that have not met Cassie yet I feel you are missing out and hope you can soon. If not for this wonderful woman I don't believe I would have made it to this point in my life on my own, and for this I give her a special thanks.

Everyone has heard the expression 'when lifes gives you lemons make lemonade.' I don't believe this to always be the case...there is more to it then just the lemons. You have time, effort, motivation, and tools that you will need along the way. If you don't have the correct ingredients then you will just have really sour lemon juice. I feel it is the same in life...without the right people and opportunities you don't have the ability all the time on your own to improve your situation. I feel that everyone around me are those ingredients and tools needed.

I have had great ups and majors downs in life... Recently I lived on couches and even in my car a few nights, but everyone stuck by me. I had my family, though under appreciated they may have been at the time, as well as a handful of true close friends. When I would let my "depression" as it seemed get the worst of me they helped me back up onto my feet and set me straight. This is something that everyone needs to remember...they are just a thought away most times.

I have recently came across an awesome phrase I would like to share that I cannot remember where I got it from......

<B>THE GLASS IS NEITHER HALF-FULL NOR HALF-EMPTY,
IT IS MERELY DOUBLE THE SIZE IT NEEDS TO BE</B>

The more I think of this line the more sensible it seems to be to me. There is no need to look at life pessimisticly or optimistically because it is all relative to your surroundings and environment. You are looking at the good or bad in things you are looking at the environment and how it is making your life seem good or bad. You make or break your situation.

I have finally decided that if my glass were half its size then I would have a full glass. So with that thought the only thing needed to worry about is that my glass would be the here and now. This is what I would like everyone else to realize, there is no reason to "get down in the dumps" if it is only for the moment and then you blink and its the past. It would almost be better off to view the glass as slightly too big.

If we all look at this then we have room for our goals and hopes and can see our glass as almost full and not have any reason to be depressed. Cassie has given me this view on things recently...

She is creative, motivated and determined. This is everything I need in my life and around me to keep my head up in all types of current adversity. Since starting to look at everything this way I have been able to find a home with a good friend willingly to help me out. I have been able to give her what little support she needs when her glass seems to look too big at the moment. For being able to do this it helps my glass seem smaller and thus more full.

My friend I call my Twin has been somewhat the same. When she is by herself and feels alone in Montana I know I can fill her glass a bit by a simple call or text. Every time something like this opportunity presents itself my glass seems to shrink and fill a bit more

My family, whom I wish I could make happier, is probably the most difficult for me at the moment. They have so many hopes and expectations for me at times the glass again seems to large. However, just looking at what they see as the positives helps as well. I know they love and care for me...my immediate and extended (that's you Alicia)...all help build me up for just that little extra so that I can make it through. I appreciate all of you and love you dearly...if ever I can repay the favor I am only a call away.

Now that you have all had a moment to glance at my glass and see where the water is I hope all of you can ponder over your situations and realize it is not so tough. Things are only relative and will improve in time. If any one of my friends ever needs me I am always able to help and fill your glass if I am able to. There are only so many chances in life that we get to make things better for ourselves and others and I would like to repay the favors. To all of you I hope the best...

and Cassie for everything you have done and will do as my wife I love and thank you.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

No comments: